Sunday, November 27, 2011

Something of Value

The library is a treasure trove of possibilities. Last week when roaming through the stacks I found two titles I didn't know I needed. One, a series of yoga exercises and the other titled Praying for Strangers. The first book, filled with positions or postures or moves that didn't ask me to twist into a pretzel -- while inhaling and exhaling-- was a remarkable find. I know the music now begins and I tout out the book and ask you to send in money for your own copy-- refund guaranteed.

But it isn't t about the book. It's about finding something when you're not seeking anything specific.

I've not started the second book, but expect that I'll find something of value. When I randomly opened the book I found two quotes that resonated.

From the Talmud: He who prays for his neighbors will be heard for himself.

From the writings of Oswald Chambers: Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home