Saturday, November 05, 2011

A Reality

If half of the whole watched what the other half ate, spent their money on --when they had extra money --then the world's axis would turn at a different rate.

People dressed in outlandish costumes find themselves spinning off the vertical pole and landing in awkward positions.

I cannot bend my body into yoga positions even though I know each stretch extends my flexibility for another year. I don't desire to stand on my head and watch the blood drain down to my shoe tops. Perhaps because I am still wearing my brown Oxford tie shoes for early winter.

Despite the snow and the dire consequences, the predictions about a long and tiresome night, the burial of fall, -- autumn has returned with its tease of a possible Indian Summer. Indian Summer with its promise of the future and a taste of spring even as we take out our wool socks and long heavy shirts. The accouterments of winter take up space.

While the axis turns at a different rate I'll yell out to those holding on to straps, "Don't fall, just keep watching. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home