Friday, September 16, 2011

A Dream



Years ago my next door neighbor Donna clipped newspaper articles before that occupation became obsolete. Now clipping services toggle through thousands of newspapers and magazines for stories that meet your criteria.

Donna spent hours each day scanning several dozen newspapers and a ruler high stack of magazines for information pertaining to a client's specific requests. She never read through a paper in a leisurely fashion because she wasn't interested in the entire article.

"Do you like what you do?"
"It pays the bills and it gives me time to do what I really want to do."

Donna enjoyed pigeons.

"Someday," she said, " I'm going to build my own coop and join a racing club."

Until that time she cut out all articles about pigeons and pasted them in her scrapbook. I never knew if she lived out her dream because she moved away when the clipping service fazed out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home