Saturday, September 24, 2011

On a Big Scale





Who ever heard of writing a book about haying in Montana, where winters are freezing and summers can be torrid? I'm reading such a book and reside in a state of amazement.I grew up in a big city, hardly ever thinking about hay and never thinking about cattle and horses .Actually I did think about horses. Some members of my family loved cowboy movies and Zane Grey books-- and both the movies and Zane's stories always included horses.

Large machines found on ranches could sever fingers, catch hair in their serrated blades , alter your life. I don't even like using too sharp a knife when I cook.

I think I'd like to be in Montana during haying season. Maybe I could find something useful to do or at least stay out of everyone's way.

Those books that list places to visit before you can't visit anyplace, never suggest any of the places and experiences on my list. After Montana I want to watch ranchers involved in cattle-buying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home