Friday, September 23, 2011

A Heated Dispute

We need a definitive hot scale. One pepper, two peppers, three peppers appearing next to a dish needs to be held to the same exacting standards as all other measurements. Ten ounces always equals ten ounces. Even free spirited table tennis aficionados accept 2.74m as the standard length of a table tennis table --with a margin of error "no more than 3mm from that length." No one stands around debating the sagacity of the measurement --take it or leave it. This is not true of chefs. Don't tether them to an across the board hot designation. Tonight I ordered a two pepper Shrimp Cashew Nut entree.

" Please make that a one pepper."

The last time I said that my dish arrived devoid of any seasoning. Tonight my one pepper dish was prepared by a firedrake intent on sending scorching barbs of chili into my mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home