Friday, May 29, 2009

A Metaphor



Tonight sports became a metaphor for life. I watched the Red Sox falter, give up runs in a big inning, swat ineffectively at balls and lose. Sitting at home I couldn't do more than offer suggestions,

Take out Wake.
Why did you wait so long?
Do something about the dh not hitting?


My words echoed and no one answered.

My daughter sits in an oncology office. She will take more tests. Tests to determine if there are errant cells. My words can't change anything. They can't eradicate anything. I can pray.

The Denver Nugget's season is over.

The fans didn't affect the game.
They watched, yelled, twisted their hands, and hoped that the Lakers got cold and stopped defending.

I'll pray that you have strength; that the cells didn't migrate, that you feel enveloped in love, that our prayers will be answered.


Please know that I love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger nan said...

Linda, I'll pray too.

May 31, 2009  
Anonymous Linda said...

Thank you.

May 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home