Wednesday, August 13, 2008

After the Rain



This is not a record. It's simply a mushroom.

It isn't similar to Roz Savage rowing across the Pacific.
She's already conquered the Atlantic and what's left?

It won't appear in the Guinness Book of World Records—where records are verified and then listed.

"The largest tea bag was made by Celestial Seasonings Tea weighing 48 kg (106 lb) and was displayed at the Celestial Seasonings Tea Party, Toronto, Canada on 15 December 2007."

So this non-record acknowledges my 500th posting on my photo blog. This may indicate an obsessive reduction of the world into digital images; a posturing as a photographer or a fascination with numerology.

A year of daily postings and then a more laid back approach. Is this how pitchers feel when in the seventh inning they smell a no-hitter? What happens at 500? Does this indicate that I am prolific? Not as prolific as the journalist who posted his 500th article and wrote a piece celebrating his accomplishment.

He even gave thanks to a wrist that didn't succumb to carpel tunnel syndrome.

Did you know that the square bracket either has recently or will soon celebrate its 500th anniversary?

1 Comments:

Blogger camille auteuil said...

I don't know if you are "prolific" or not. I know only that your vision of the world interests me. I am suffering cruelly not to know how to speak English, because very often I would have liked chatting with you ... So I look at your photos, I try to understand quotations, and I feel deprived not to be able to express in your language all I would have to say ... But continue until the post 500th, please ! It doesn't much matter that I don't know how to comment in English : I do that in French for myself and it is always interesting... Maybe I could try the thought transfer ?

August 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home